Issues of war and peace, protest and power, are never straightforward or easy. Peace Warriors encourages debate about some tricky questions of non-violence and the ethics of peaceful protest.
Questions answered in the book:
- Is war ever right? The concept of a ‘just war’.
- Can war be prevented? Alternatives to violence.
- Would I defend my family? A story with many endings.
- Are we killer apes? Humans are not naturally violent.
- Can you be peaceful and angry? Anger as emotion and motion.
- Does people power always work? The keys to successful protest.
- Should protesters break the law? Just and unjust laws.
- TINA or TARA? Proof that nonviolence is a realistic alternative.